Whether produced internally or applied to the skin, amino acids help strengthen the immune system, maintain the skin’s hydration, resilience and overall healthy appearance. Animo Acids do so by protecting the skin from free radical damage and reducing signs of ageing. Free radical damage is responsible for breaking down our skin’s collagen, resulting in the visible signs of ageing.
Amino Acids have numerous other benefits for the skin, they work to help the skin retain water, reduce inflammation, promote cell regeneration and repair, while also smoothing fine lines and firming the skin.
Pure Non-Scents has chosen several amino acids to blend into our Aloe Hemp Silk Conditioner formula, below are a select few:
- Arginine (also known as L-Arginine) is a protein found in the body, it helps with fine lines, wrinkles, firming the skin and hydrating and reducing dryness. Arginine also plays an important role in cell division and immune function, which in turn helps the skin heal and repair faster.
- PCA (Pyrrolidone Carboxylic Acid) is primarily found in the outer layer of skin, PCA regulates the hydration of the skin. This is especially beneficial for anyone with dry skin or who suffers from eczema or psoriasis. Since PCA is naturally occurring, most people do not have an adverse reaction to it, and it’s suitable for sensitive skin.
- Valine, is a branched-chain essential amino acid, meaning it’s not produced in the body and has to be supplemented through diet or skincare. It works to aid in muscle and tissue recovery. Like other amino acids, it also works to hydrate the skin, which in turn slows down visible signs of ageing.
- Proline or L-Proline, is one of the twenty non-essential amino acids, meaning it can be created and synthesized in the human body. It’s involved in the body's production of collagen and cartilage. Proline works especially well when paired with other amino acids like glycine or leucine.
- Glycine, like the other amino acids glycine works to improve moisture retention, stop visible signs of ageing and increase collagen production. Glycine is also considered a buffering agent, meaning it can be used to hold the pH level of a product and ensure the formula is stable and effective for longer. So while it also benefits your skin, it benefits your product stability as well.
While Pure Non-Scents has ensured the incorporation of amino acids into several other products in our line, our Aloe Hemp Silk conditioner has the largest concentration and variety of amino acids. All of these natural derivatives work to ensure your hair and scalp remain hydrated and healthy.